We all have a number of email and web accounts which need a password.
How many of us use the same password for each account? I was recently with a customer who only used one password on all his accounts. I pointed him to this list of popular passwords and he was surprised to find his password in the top 20.
So how to create a secure password?
Here is one way
1) Think of a short sentance ====== I love facebook chat
2) Take the first letter of each word ====== ilfc
3) Add a significant number to the middle ====== il2010fc
4) Add some punctation to the end ====== il2010fc >?
5) Change the case of at least one of the letters ===== il2010Fc>?
6) Check how secure the password is at this site :-
7) Make a new password for each site you join , especially secure banking and ecommerce sites.