The Welsh Office has announced that tourism businesses in Wales will be able to get a free IT health check. The check is limited to the first 750 businesses who apply.
An eligible business will be able to demonstrate that it:
- Is an existing tourism business which, currently and independently attracts tourists and has capacity for growing visitor numbers
- Has a minimum capability and knowledge of ICT within the business
- Has ability to adopt learning/recommendations resulting from any diagnostic
- Is within the European definition of a Small Medium Enterprise (SME) Wales 65% convergence area and State Aid funding limits
- Meets (with any of its partners) appropriate grading/quality assurance standards for the sector, where such exist
- Has not received similar support within the last two years
- And, where it is deemed by the delivering team that the business would not be better serviced through alternative support mechanisms.